The first meeting of the year will be in Raleigh! Please join us in February 16th at 6 pm.
Jeff Dellinger will be presenting “Digging up the past – Buried Asbestos in Davidson, North Carolina.” Looking at the clean up of an old commercial facility that manufactured asbestos cement shingles, and the concerns of the surrounding neighborhoods.
Thank you all for a great 2016 and all the participation in making the Carolinas Chapter of the EIA a success again this year. We had a great turnout for the last meeting of the year in Charlotte. Thank you to all that attended to make it a great event.
Our tentative schedule for next year is as follows:
February 16th – Meeting in Raleigh, NC – Location TBD
May 4th – Meeting in Greenville, SC – Location TBD
June/July – Greensboro Grasshoppers Baseball Game
September 13-15 – Fall Technical Conference – Kingston Plantation , Myrtle Beach, SC
December 7th – Rock Bottom Brewery, Charlotte, NC
Please let the Board know if you would like to present a topic or know someone that would like to present a topic for any of these meeting.
Please contact the Board if you have any questions.
Please join us next week on Thursday December 1st for our holiday meeting at Rock Bottom Brewery in Charlotte, NC. The event starts at 6 pm.
We are only 12 days away from the CEIA Fall Conference. Please join us for a great 2 day event in Myrtle Beach. We also have a golf tournament on September 14th at the Grand Dunes Golf Resort.
Technical Program Highlights include:
– State of the Industry Panel Discussion, moderated by Scott Rohlf, CIH, Terracon and featuring John Alvarez, Fiberlock Technologies, BJ Fungaroli, EHG, LLC, Robin Mack, SC Department of Environmental Control, Michael Schrum, PE, Terracon, and MORE!
– Naturally Occurring Asbestos, by Rob DeMalo, EMSL Analytical, Inc.
– Phase I ESA 1527-13 Updated Requirements for ‘All Appropriate Inquiries’, Michael D. Zavislak, PE, CHMM, CIH
– Overview of the New BSR*/IICRC S540 Trauma and Crime Scene Clean-up Standard, Christopher J. Chapman, CIH, ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC
The Dryout Contractor Tore Up the Sheet Flooring. Now What? by Robert A. Herrick., P.E., CIH
To Test or Not to Test: Looking for Lead in Porcelain and Ceramic Tile – Joy Finch, Greenville Technical College
– EIA Update and Purple Book Report, by Brent Kynoch, EIA Managing Director
– SC DHEC Update, by Robin Mack, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
– NC DHHS State Update, by Don Chaney, NC Health Hazards Control Unit
– OSHA Silica Rule Update, by Shirley, L. Jones, South Carolina OSHA
Join us at the Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, SC for our Annual Fall Conference.
When: September 14-16, 2016
Where: Kingston Plantation
Please invite your colleagues to join us and meet industry contacts and network and become a subject matter expert.
Durham Bulls Night Out!!
JOIN US!! Durham Bulls
Sign up for the Baseball Game!!
DATE: July 27, 2016
WHERE: Party Deck!
BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ENJOY A NIGHT OUT AT THE PARK!!!
Calling all Presenters!!!
If you have a topic that would be of interest to our group please let us know. There is still time to sign up to be a presenter at the Fall Conference in Myrtle Beach!!
Email Kelly Rutt or Rohit Bali at email@example.com or Rohit.Bali@xellia.com with your topic and summary and how much time you need.
The 2016 meeting schedule has been set! We look forward to celebrating another year of the CEIA with all of our members. As always, thank you for your continued support!
July 27th – Durham Bulls Game. Family members welcome. REGISTER NOW!
September 14th-16th – CEIA Fall Conference. This meeting will be held in Myrtle Beach, SC. Full agenda and registration details coming soon.
December 1st- CEIA Winter Meeting will be held at Rock Bottom Brewery in Charlotte NC. We encourage you to bring your colleagues or bring a friend. Speaker and registration details TBD.